Social media is a relatively new tool available in marketing businesses. There are ways that social media can help and hinder your business.
Pros to Social Media
- Little to no cost.
- Increases visibility of your brand, products, and services.
- You can be as active or inactive as you please.
- Spreads information faster than any other single website.
- You can advertise for current job openings.
- Spreads your brand to those out of your current market area.
- Increased interaction with customers and potential customers.
Cons to Social Media
- Maintaining a constant, positive presence is enormously time consuming.
- You open yourselves up to negative comments from strangers who have never used your services.
- Certain sites allow advertising that may be in competition with your company.
- Risk of unauthorized sharing.
- Escalated risk of copyright infringement.
Tips for Using Social Media
- Make sure your company profile is complete and updated often.
- Cross syndicate your posts, accomplishments, and announcements throughout separate outlets.
- Post content regularly, the more often people see your company or brand the more familiar it seems to them.
- Read negative reviews of your company often, this allows you to see areas that your company has room to improve in.
If you believe someone is using social media as a form of copyright infringement, you should contact a business attorney as soon as possible to minimize any damages.