Below are examples business owners can use as templates for meeting minutes and written actions in an LLC or corporation.
Business laws in the United States require a business owner to follow certain formalities to avoid piercing the corporate veil. In an LLC, this is referred to as piercing the limited liability shield. In other words, for a business owner to avoid being held personally responsible, she must follow certain formalities. One formality required by the law is meeting minutes.
Meeting minutes can be replaced with written actions. Instead of actually holding a meeting, those who would be present at a meeting can simply sign a written action. A written action takes the place of a meeting.
Below are examples of common meeting minutes and written actions needed by those who lead a corporation or LLC.
LLC Meeting Minutes:
- Annual Meeting of LLC Members – Example & Template
- Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of LLC – Example & Template
LLC Written Actions:
- Written Action of Organizer of LLC – Example & Template
- Written Action of Members of LLC – Example & Template
- Written Action of Board of Governors of LLC – Example & Template
Corporation Meeting Minutes:
- Annual Meeting of Corporation Shareholders – Example & Template
- Annual Meeting of Board of Directors of Corporation – Example & Template
Corporation Written Actions: