Job Opening: Estate Planning Paralegal
Our growing law firm is looking for a full-time paralegal to assist our estate planning attorneys. The Final Signing Paralegal is the professional in the firm with whom clients will have the most personal contact. This person is responsible for helping clients execute their estate planning documents, collecting the final payment, and offering additional services of the firm. The Final signing Paralegal makes the last and most lasting impression of the firm’s image, cementing the relationship with the client. This person coordinates the efforts of all the production paralegals.
- Review estate plan with clients during Phone Final, including following up on missing asset information and confirming final appointment and balance of fees.
- Assemble portfolio binders, including printing and copying and any other task required to make delivery to the client.
- Review estate plan documents with clients at final meeting, collect final fees and conduct signing ceremony, which includes arranging for witnesses and notarizing the documents. Performance target: complete 2 final signing meetings per day.
- Update database record for each action and contact with the clients, following the AAEPA System.
- Draft and send correspondence and Client Evaluation Letter.
- Provide ongoing client support, which includes receiving client telephone calls and letters. Responsible for answering routine client questions, which includes researching and taking action or delegating to others. Refer complex legal questions to attorney.
- Coordinate all amendments and new ancillary documents as needed, including codicils, updated health care documents, powers of attorney, deeds, etc., and arrange for them to be signed and notarized.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, which includes providing input to law firm operations and procedures.
- Coordinate the efforts of document production, amendments and restatements, and proofing staff.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
- Detail oriented, efficient, and organized
- Excellent word processing, typing, spelling and grammar skills
- Warm, friendly, professional, courteous, poised, confident, and sympathetic
- Quick learner, comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Dedicated to accuracy and on-time performance
- Good ability to proofread
Please send cover letter, resume, college transcript (unofficial copy is fine), and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org