There are instances when heirs are not happy with the terms of a person's will. When that is the case and the executor submits the will to probate, the heirs may file objections to the submission of the will. Four reasons for a challenge can be: This objection is usually rebutted more easily than others if
Minneapolis Wills Attorney
A Minnesota Will Attorney can help you establish a will and minimize taxes through thoughtful estate planning. A will serves as instructions to the probate court regarding how an individual wants to have his or her property distributed at death.
A Minnesota Will attorney should provide personal attention in preparing Wills and advise clients to keep them up to date as circumstances and the laws change.
Careful tax and legal planning is the most vital step an individual or business can take to protect assets and pass them on as desired. An array of complex legal rules, potential liabilities (including taxes and long-term medical expenses), and even litigation can destroy hard-won financial accomplishments.
Minnesota Will and Estate Planning Attorney
The Thompson Hall Santi Cerny & Katkov, LLC provides highly experienced, reasonably priced will and estate planning services along with attorneys experienced in related areas of law:
- Living Will / Health Care Directive
- Asset Protection
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Tax Planning
- Elder Law
- Power of Attorney
- Medicaid Planning/Medical Eligibility
- Business Law
Minnesota Estate Planning
Your Minnesota estate planning attorney can assist you in a broad range of transactional matters including:
- Crafting asset protection, estate, and business succession plans tailored to each client’s particular financial and legal needs – regardless of the size of the estate
- Saving income, employment, transfer, and property taxes
- Developing elder care plans for yourself and other family members
- Establishing and administering trusts, wills, probate proceedings, and guardianships
- Handling all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions
- Creating, buying, operating, and selling businesses (including mergers and acquisitions)
- Financial restructuring (including debt modification and bankruptcy)
In addition, we can assist clients in litigation matters encompassing all these fields.
What Type of Will Do I Need? Demystifying Estate Planning in MN
Many are overwhelmed by options when faced with estate planning. “Should I create a trust?” “Do I need to try to avoid probate?” “What are the tax consequences?” Individuals are left with the feeling that there is no place to start. When that situation occurs, some simply never start planning. Deciding What Type of Will
Do I Need a Will? Minnesota Estate Planning Attorney Explains
In this video, Minnesota attorney Aaron Hall describes the situations in which one may want to have a will. Minnesota clients often ask me, do I need a will? The short answer is this, do you have kids and want to designate who will be their guardian? If not, you may not need a will,