Attorney Mark C. Santi combines his experience as an aggressive and successful commercial litigator with a long-time passion for, and understanding of, finance and investments. In doing so, he provides investors with clear, practical, results-driven representation for recovering their investment losses.
Mr. Santi is licensed to practice law in Minnesotta, New York, and Florida and represents investors nationwide. He has extensive experience in business law and commercial litigation, including work on a high profile multi-billion-dollar securities lawsuit.
Mr. Santi graduated with a B.S. in Economics and Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. At UW he was inducted into the Iron Cross Society which is considered the highest honor an undergraduate can receive at the University. Mr. Santi graduated from the University of Miami-School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree. At Miami Law he received awards for outstanding performance and pro bono services for those in need, and was inducted into the Society of Bar & Gavel where he ultimately served as its President.
Mr. Santi frequently lectures and writes on securities law issues.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Minnesota, New York, and Florida Bars
- United States District Courts for the District of Minnesota and Southern District of Florida
- Member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, former Member & Vice-Chair of the Community Service Committee for the New Lawyers Section; former Liaison for the New Lawyers Section to the MSBA’s Commercial Litigation Section, Bankruptcy Section, and Professionalism Committee.
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Board Member: Wisconsin Alumni Association – Twin Cities Chapter
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL, Juris Doctor of Law, 2007
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, WI, B.S. in Economics and Political Science, 2004
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Half-day Compliance Boot Camp, 2013
- Stull, Stull & Brody, New York, NY
- Zebersky & Payne, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Legal Assistance of Washington County, Stillwater, MN, Intern
- Office of Governor Tim Pawlenty, St. Paul, MN, Intern
- Mahtomedi, MN
- Water and snow skiing
AWARDS AND RECENT EVENTS
- KSTP coverage regarding ethical representation of Medical Marijuana companies
- Presented “Common Pitfalls of Financial Processionals and how to Avoid Them” at JUX Law Firm Seminar, July 2013
- Society of Bar & Gavel, University of Miami School of Law
- Iron Cross Society, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Financial Advisors’ Most Common Legal Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them (7/8/13).
- Minnesota Business Owners Conference – Emcee. (10/8/2013).
- Common Legal Issues in Starting and Operating your Practice. University of Minnesota Orthodontics Residency Program (11/6/2012).
- “Mark was invaluable in helping us through one of the most difficult times in our life. I had to quit working due to a sudden onset of a severe medical condition. My wife and I had to face a new life situation due to our drastically reduced income. Overnight, we went from a very comfortable standard of living with a nice home and lifestyle to the unknown. We had never considered we would face this. It was a scary and stressful time. Mark helped us compare and then select the best approach to work through the multitude of decisions and legal processes. He educated us on the financial and legal ramifications for alternative paths. He answered our questions and helped to make a very complex set of decisions and activities understandable…always with a sympathetic ear to our point of view. He always took the time to talk with us and return our calls, no matter how trivial. Mark talked with all those ‘outside’ people who we had to deal with, strongly protecting our interests; he covered the complex so we did not have to. Mark’s personality, skills, and approach make it easy for us to recommend Mark highly if you are looking for an attorney you can trust.” -Garry
- “We want to say thank you for your compassionate and professional representation during one of the most stressful times in our lives. We are thrilled that we found you, and we would definitely recommend you to a friend who needed representation.” -Sonya Royston and Gary Partney
- “Over the course of the last seven months, I’ve had the experience of working closely with Mark Santi on a number of issues ranging from a Harassment Restraining Order (which he won) and a closing of my business along with a number of many business related issues. While working with him, Mr. Santi always displayed a sincere, genuine, caring and professional demeanor towards me and my family.With the past issues I’ve experienced, trust was a major problem for me and Mr. Santi was able to counsel, guide and motivate me to move forward even during the worst of times and yet he never faltered or failed me. I feel that his level of professionalism should not go unnoticed and in fact be commended as well as your firm for taking on someone with such kindness, intelligence and willingness to shine under stress. I highly recommend him to any and all individuals who in the future may need legal representation.” -Sarah Gordon
- “I highly recommend attorney Mark C. Santi. I had contacted a number of attorneys regarding a lawsuit but none seemed willing to take my case, or they seemed to lack the skills, knowledge and experience that Mark has. Mark took my case when others wouldn’t and I am extremely pleased with the result.Beyond his skills as an attorney which include an aggressive, thorough, and professional approach, Mark immediately struck me as a kind and caring person, completely shattering the stereotype some might have of lawyers. I’m extremely thankful that I was able to be put into contact with someone who is both a great attorney and great person.” -Erin H.