- August 1, 2014: MDH releases an initial draft of manufacturer rules and the “Request for Applications” for public comment. The “Request for Applications” is the process by which potential manufacturers will apply to be selected for registration by MDH.
- August 8, 2014: MDH hosts meeting of individuals/groups interested in participating in medical cannabis manufacturing process. Details here: News release: Medical cannabis program organizing two events for coming weeks (07/14/2014).
- Mid August 2014: MDH may release a revised set of the manufacturer rules and the request for Application instructions for public comment.
- September 5, 2014: MDH releases request for applications to become a state-certified medical cannabis manufacturer. Official notice of expedited manufacturer rules released (rules intended to govern manufacturer operations from December 1, 2014, to November 30, 2015). The effective date of the expedited rules will depend on Office of Administrative Hearing review.
- September 19, 2014: Deadline to submit “Intent to Apply” letter
- October 3, 2014: Deadline for manufacturer applications. Official notice of formal rulemaking published (rules intended to cover renewal period, manufacturer operations starting December 1, 2015, patient and provider obligations) Hiring of initial staff for Office of Medical Cannabis completed (Director, Research Director, Operations Supervisor, Policy Analyst and Administrative Assistant).
- October 30, 2014: MDH releases the names of the semi-finalists.
- November 3-14, 2014: MDH will visit the proposed sites of the semi-finalists.
- November 17-26, 2014: MDH will choose the two manufacturers.
- December 1, 2014: Two manufacturers registered.
- http://jux.law/minnesota-medical-marijuana-business-law-cannabis-business-faq/ – cannabis-business-faq
- MDH: http://www.health.state.mn.us/topics/cannabis/index.html
- Minnesota State Statute: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=SF2470&version=3&session=ls88&session_year=2014&session_number=0
- Draft Manufacturer Rules: http://www.health.state.mn.us/topics/cannabis/mfrrules.pdf
- Draft Manufacturer Request for Applications: http://www.health.state.mn.us/topics/cannabis/mfrrfa.pdf