Visit online registration
What do business owners really need to know to avoid legal trouble? This is a speed session covering relevant, practical considerations for your business to avoid common startup mistakes.
- starting a business
- intellectual property
- independent contractors
- noncompete agreements
- contracts with clients
- tax tips
- topics raised in your questions
Get answers to common questions:
- When do I need a business attorney and when don’t I?
- How can I protect my intellectual property?
- What is the difference between copyright, trademark, and patent?
- What are the most common small business legal mistakes to avoid?
- How do I decided between a partnership, LLC, or S corp?
- Are noncompete agreements enforceable? When?
- Are there really tax loopholes? How do I use them?
Learn how to use this document:
Bring your business law questions!
8:30-9:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 16, 2013
JRA Financial Building, 7373 Kirkwood Court, Suite 300, Maple Grove MN 55369
About the presenter
Aaron Hall is an experienced business attorney and CEO of the Thompson Hall law firm in downtown Minneapolis. His firm represents company owners and their businesses in complex contracts, employment law, intellectual property, real estate, and taxes—along with litigation involving these areas. As a business attorney, he partners with company owners to solve complex problems and minimize legal risk—so they can grow their business.