In recent years, dental professionals have been faced with an increasingly complex economic and legal environment. It can be a struggle just to stay current with dentistry developments; trying to keep pace with the ever-evolving business and regulatory side of the profession, has proven practically impossible. To maximize success, leading dental professionals are beginning to recognize the importance of working with an experienced team of lawyers.
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE
At JUX we have a team of attorneys that concentrate on representing licensed dental professionals, such as dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, oral surgeons, endodontists and their businesses. Our team is dedicated to providing dental professionals with legal assistance, while also while also engaging in strategic planning with them to grow their businesses.
WE PROVIDE ADVICE WITH RESPECT TO:
- Review and negotiation of all contracts and key contractual provisions affecting dental professionals, including employment agreements, compensation provisions and options, non-compete and other restrictive covenants, rights of first refusal, buy-in options, and Minnesota Health Records Act and HIPAA obligations.
- Representation for new practices, including entity choice, tax elections, and new professional practice entity formation.
- Asset protection and estate planning for dental professionals.
- Assistance with new practice site acquisition and dental practice office leasing.
- Advice and assistance with legal issues arising when hiring, retaining and terminating associate providers, dental assistants and staff.
- Montgomery Family Dental
- Natural Care Center of Woodbury
- Tweet Pediatric Dentistry
- East Dental Family Dentistry
- Normandale Dental
“JUX Law Firm is spectacular. Their attorneys did such a great job helping me with my legal issues. Both were clear and concise and did their jobs admirably. They were so easy to work with and very accessible. Throughout the entire process they were calm, yet took all my concerns seriously.”
– Dr. Jennifer Marker Johnson, East Dental Family Dentistry
PROFESSIONALS WE LIKE WORKING WITH
- Certified Financial Planner: Mike Hoffman, Northwestern Mutual; Matt Cosgriff, Bergen KDV
- Dental Business Broker: Joe Fricton, Minnesota Transitions
- CPA: James Katz, Bergen KDV; Steve & Dylan Eastman, Eatman & Eastman
- Lender: Rob Borcherding, Wells Fargo
- Retirement Plan Advisor: John Frisvold, BergenKDV
- Tenant and Buyer Real Estate Broker: Tyler Van Eps, Carr Healthcare Realty
- Buying a Dental Practice: Key Tips
- Dentist Associate Agreement Checklist: Five Key Areas
- Physician Noncompete Agreements: Enforceable in Medical & Healthcare Organizations
- Forming a Business in Minnesota – Professional Entities
- Minnesota Tax on Durable Medical Equipment
- Professional Liability Insurance: The Basics
- HIPAA: Protecting Against Public Disclosure of Private Information
- Subletting Professional Office Buildings
- Sales & Use Taxes Related To Minnesota Health Care Facilities