Dealing With Alcoholic Employees Or Drug Abuse In The Workplace
Do you have an employee with a substance abuse problem? Perhaps your employee is an alcoholic? Are you wondering what actions you can take?
Dealing with employee drug abuse, an alcoholic employee, or other work-related substance abuse issues can be a tricky for employers. The following posts will help you learn about the legal issues surrounding alcohol use by employees, other substance abuse by employees, and what Minnesota employers can do about it.
- Alcoholism and Drug Addiction as Protected Disabilities – Is An Alcoholic Employee (or Drug Addicted Employee) Protected?
- Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace
- Employer Drug and Alcohol Policy for Employees
- Employees Use of Drugs and/or Alcohol While Off Duty
- Employer Searches of Employees for Drugs and Alcohol
CREDITS: The content of these posts has been copied from An Employer’s Guide to Employment Issues in Minnesota, provided by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development & Linquist & Vennum P.L.L.P., Tenth Edition, 2009. Copies are available without charge from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, Small Business Assistance Office.