Medical Professionals Team Leaders
Representation of Medical Professionals
In recent years, medical professionals have been faced with an increasingly complex economic and legal environment. It can be a struggle just to stay current with medical developments; trying to keep pace with the ever-evolving business and regulatory side of the profession, has proven practically impossible. To maximize success, leading medical professionals are beginning to recognize the importance of working with an experienced team of lawyers.
Medical Professional Legal Experience
At JUX we have a team of attorneys that concentrate on representing licensed health care professionals, such as dentists, doctors, chiropractors and their businesses. Our team is dedicated to providing health care professionals with legal assistance, while also while also engaging in strategic planning with them to grow their businesses.
We provide advice with respect to:
- Review and negotiation of all contracts and key contractual provisions affecting health care professionals, including employment agreements, compensation provisions and options, non-compete and other restrictive covenants, rights of first refusal, buy-in options, and Minnesota Health Records Act and HIPAA obligations.
- Representation for new practices, including entity choice, tax elections, and new professional practice entity formation.
- Asset protection and estate planning for health care professionals.
- Assistance with new practice site acquisition and health care practice office leasing.
- Advice and assistance with legal issues arising when hiring, retaining and terminating associate providers, medical assistants and staff.
- Montgomery Family Dental
- Natural Care Center of Woodbury
- Tweet Pediatric Dentistry
- East Dental Family Dentistry
- Normandale Dental
“JUX Law Firm is spectacular. Maureen and John did such a great job helping me with my legal issues. Both were clear and concise and did their jobs admirably. They were so easy to work with and very accessible. Throughout the entire process they were calm, yet took all my concerns seriously.”
– Dr. Jennifer Marker Johnson, East Dental Family Dentistry
Professionals We Like Working With
Certified Financial Planner:
Dental Business Broker: Joe Fricton, Minnesota Transitions
Lender: Rob Borcherding, Wells Fargo
Retirement Plan Advisor: John Frisvold, BergenKDV
Tenant and Buyer Real Estate Broker: Tyler Van Eps, Carr Healthcare Realty
- Physician Noncompete Agreements: Enforceable in Medical & Healthcare Organizations
- Forming a Business in Minnesota – Professional Entities
- Minnesota Tax on Durable Medical Equipment
- Professional Liability Insurance: The Basics
- HIPAA: Protecting Against Public Disclosure of Private Information
- Subletting Professional Office Buildings
- Sales & Use Taxes Related To Minnesota Health Care Facilities
- Special Requirement for Professional Firms Forming a Business in Minnesota
*We take client confidentiality very seriously. To protect our individual clients’ privacy, individual clients are not listed here. Of our many business clients, only those who have granted permission are listed.